HEATING & COOLING
Running Hot Under the Hood?
Cooling system failure is the #1 cause of engine breakdowns on the highway. A little maintenance can go a long way to preventing a potentially expensive engine problem and a lot of inconvenience for you and your family.
Signs of Overheating
Keep an eye out for the following signs and symptoms; your car or truck may be telling you it needs a little cooling system care:
- Dashboard temperature gauge shows the car is in the red or running hot.
- Any colored fluid is leaking from the engine.
- Steam is coming from the engine.
- Car engine smells “hot.”
- Engine belts and hoses are more than 5 years old or are showing signs of wear, such as cracking.
- Auto manual recommends maintenance, such as replacement of anti-freeze.
At Perfection Automotive, our certified technicians will perform a professional inspection of the system and provide you with a complete analysis of the current conditions and the estimated cost of repair.
Radiator Diagnosis and Service
So what might be causing your vehicle to overheat? It could be any one of many cooling system components. Here’s what we’ll check:
- Radiator cap
- Radiator hoses
- Radiator fan/fan clutch
- Anti-freeze and coolant (different vehicles take different types)
- Water pump
- Fan belts
- Serpentine belt
- Cooling sensor
- Heater core
- Heater hoses
Rather than performing a basic “drain-and-fill” of anti-freeze, Perfection Automotive provides complete radiator repairs and radiator flushing services, including the following:
- Inspect system and pressure test for leaks
- Add flush chemicals to the radiator
- Power flush system through flush machine
- Refill system with proper amount of recycled anti-freeze
- Add sealant/lubricant to the system
Schedule your appointment online or by phone today.