Keep Your Engine Running Strong — for Many Miles to Come
Regardless of your odometer reading, Perfection Automotive can help keep your engine in original-performance condition. We perform all internal engine repairs from head gaskets and valve jobs to complete engine replacements.
Common Symptoms of Engine Problems
Your engine light on your dashboard is an early indicator of a potential engine problem. It’s best to get a diagnostic test from Perfection Automotive as soon as the light comes on, even if you don’t have any obvious engine symptoms. Bring your vehicle to Perfection Automotive as soon as possible if you’re experiencing any of the following:
- Engine runs rough while idling
- Engine pings or knocks, and the sound gets worse on acceleration
- Engine makes clicking, rattling or hammering noises
- Vehicle uses a lot more gas than it used to
- Vehicle doesn’t accelerate normally
- Dark exhaust smoke or exhaust is “spitting”
- Uses excessive water or oil
What’s Making That Sound?
Unusual sounds from the engine can be caused by any number of issues, from simple to complex, including:
- Loose, worn or broken engine parts
- Fuel or oil has gotten into the air charge of the cylinders
- Malfunctioning valves or timing parts
Even if you feel something’s not quite right with your engine, but you’re not sure how to explain it, give Perfection Automotive a call. Our certified technicians will ask you some questions and when you bring it in, give it a test drive to help us diagnose any issues.